Acts of Kindness Initiative begins January 2022.
In January the CWC ran our Acts of Kindness initiative. We asked resident physicians to participate by performing an act of kindness in the work place. Residents could spend up to $30.00 on their act of kindness and be reimbursed through PARA. We had 78 resident physicians participate; 46 resident physicians from 17 different programs participated from the University of Alberta, and 32 resident physicians from 17 different programs participated from the University of Calgary.
Many resident physicians chose to bring snacks for their shifts. Other acts included:
- The purchase of phone chargers for the program lounges at the hospital. For sites that still use paper charts, the purchase of fun pens to write with.
- Treating the Grey Nuns CTU teams to breakfast.
- Bringing a co-resident who has been sick some sweets from a local bakery to get her spirits up!
- Gifting small wellness packages to the resident physicians in the program for encouragement, especially now that a lot of them are testing positive for COVID.
- The purchase of gifts cards for janitorial staff who are working so hard in the ED to keep the department and rooms clean.
Stay tuned for the next opportunity to participate.